Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ready for a New Beginning - Beaumaris

We have bought a new house and are looking forward to taking possession on 24th April. Not long now.

I think I'm going to have lots of fun in the garden. It's very different type of landscape to what we're used to. There's a very sandy soil and of course, Victoria has been in drought for a long time with very little rain falling recently. We have a vegetation overlay on the block and native plants cannot be removed only trimmed.

The timber floors (Tassie Oak hardwood) are being sanded and polished, the carpet is being replaced and the whole house is being repainted inside before we can move in. Hopefully around the 2nd week of May.

2 comments:

  1. Castle Cleugh looks like it has a great yard can't wait to see you bring your magic touch to it.

    We will have to go plant shopping while I am down there.

    daisymum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should just sit in the yard with a glass of wine and design ... what about you?

    ReplyDelete