Monday, April 20, 2009

Have feet will walk!

I've decided to be a tourist this week and wander about taking photos. Many times I've read about the advantages of being a tourist in your own town and that you will appreciate it more. I'm trying this out because this is all new to me and I'm hoping that lots of my friends are going to visit and I'll be able to show them the best parts of Melbourne. It's amazing what you find when you walk on your own. Dropped my son off at school this morning at 8:15am down at Mentone, dropped one car off to have the brakes fixed, caught a cab back into the City and then decided to walk. I just kept going and met a couple of people along the way who just wanted to have a chat. One thing about Melbourne, the people are very friendly, nice and outgoing. Every time I need to find something their advice has been true and correct. So, I think tomorrow I might go for another walk, you never know what I'll find next time!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't your mother arn you about talking to strangers!!! Glad you are finding somehting to fill your days you must feel like you are marking time at the moment.

    miss you loads

    daisymum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but we are all strangers until we meet!

    ReplyDelete